MMI and ELR Welcome Guests to Dubai International’s new Concourse D
Emirates Leisure Retail (ELR) and Maritime & Mercantile International (MMI) Welcome First Guests to Dubai International’s new Concourse D in Terminal 1, with Seven World-Class Dining & Retail Offerings
Concepts introduced to the region for the first time include Pret A Manger, The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck and The Draft House; existing, well-loved brands such as giraffe, Costa Coffee, The Noodle House and Le Clos also expand their footprint
Emirates Leisure Retail (ELR) and Maritime & Mercantile International (MMI) are now welcoming guests to experience seven exceptional dining and retail offerings at Dubai International airport’s new Concourse D at Terminal 1.
ELR and MMI, both subsidiaries of the Emirates Group, have worked in close collaboration with their partners to deliver seven world-class concepts, continuing their growth in the travel retail sector both within the UAE and internationally.
Kevin Zajax, Chief Commercial Officer, ELR, commented, “Our aim is simple – to delight and excite travellers with world-class F&B and retail experiences. At Concourse D, we have some new partnerships and we are delighted to be bringing Pret A Manger to the region, as well as being selected to work with chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck for our first opening together. We are sure passengers will be excited by the culinary offerings at Concourse D and we are proud to continue to work with Dubai Airports in, once again, raising the bar and enhancing guest experiences.”
Global Dining Options
ELR has introduced a range of global dining options, with some making their first appearance in the region at Concourse D
- Pret A Manger, the UK’s iconic sandwich and coffee brand, is proud to open its first outlet in the region at Concourse D, serving organic coffee and natural food, freshly prepared on-site each day.
- The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck, another first for the region, serves his most popular dishes in a contemporary, casual setting, offering travellers a grab-and-go deli counter as well as seated dining.
- The Draft House is a first-of-its kind sports bar created by ELR. The US, vintage-inspired, collegiate theme also takes cues from a strong Irish heritage, boasting a stunning view of the runway. Multiple television screens ensure 24/7 sporting coverage from across the globe.
ELR has also expanded its existing roster of already successful dining options, bringing an enhanced offering to Concourse D.
- Family-friendly UK restaurant, giraffe, will open its fourth restaurant in the region, including a first ever caravan ‘grab-and-go’ concept.
- The Noodle House, in partnership with Jumeirah Restaurant Group, opens its first airport location, which will also be the brand’s first 24-hour location in the world, as well as the first to offer a breakfast menu.
- Costa Coffee, one of the largest coffee shop chains from the UK and UAE favourite, celebrates the opening of its 21st outlet at Dubai International with a bespoke store design featuring a giant custom built, 3-sided LED screen, which wraps around a central pillar, offering guests a crystal sharp Costa welcome.
Le Clos expands
MMI, which celebrates its 100th year, expands its footprint with the opening of its sixth Le Clos, the award-winning fine wine and luxury spirits retailer. The globally recognised retailer will continue to deliver the unforgettable world-class experiences and high level of service on which it has built its reputation with an opportunity to now ‘Try Before You Buy.’
- Le Clos will offer the opportunity to sample 16 wines, 11 of these available on a complimentary basis.
- In addition, Le Clos will also offer a unique opportunity to taste an iconic first growth, available for a flight of five at USD $100 or by the glass for USD $30.
Andrew Day, Group CEO ELR & MMI, commented, “We would like to congratulate Dubai Airports on the successful opening of the new Concourse D at Terminal 1. We are proud to have opened seven new world-class outlets, many of which are firsts for the region, and we would also like to thank all our partners for the trust they have placed in us. This is a significant milestone in our growth in the travel retail sector and one that the entire team can be very proud of.”
“ELR and MMI have been long-time partners of Dubai Airports, and have played an integral role in the development of the customer experience at the airport. We believe in creating world-class experiences for our travellers and Concourse D has an exciting portfolio of popular and new retail and food and beverage brands, all integrated to take the traveller’s experience at Dubai International to new levels of engagement,” said Eugene Barry, Executive Vice President, Commercial & Communications, Dubai Airports
ELR and MMI’s new outlets cater to every type of international traveller, ranging from families to solo passengers and young groups, ensuring flexibility, convenience and variety. Passengers can also benefit from additional amenities including complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi in every outlet, as well as grab-and-go and take away options.
Concourse D is now open at Dubai International, Terminal 1.